Revell 1/72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.I/IF

This is the review of a model made some time ago, the 1/72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.I/IF from Revell


The Blenheim was actually born in 1935 as a fast passenger aircraft. It was then adapted as a light weight fast bomber and went under several updates. This is for the MkI version.


There was one thing that made me respect Revell when I bought this in 96/97. It had a paper inside saying that they've listened to the fans, who asked for the remake of this model, and that they've done it. But they also appologised to the fans because as it was an old mould, it could be bellow the standarts at the time.


When I've built it, didn't thought it was that bad. Parts did fit, cockpit was ok, even if the thick glass didn't allowed to see that much.


Engine was actually nice, with a good amount of details



The landing gear and its wells were also ok.


And overall it was nice, didn't required that much skills. But the curiosity is that the moulds of this model are going hand in hand, being used time and time again. Don't know if the recent "impressions" are still at this level...


When comparing it with the newer Airfix moulds, I must say I haven't built them yet, but I believe they should have much more detail and accuracy, with perhaps an affordable price.


As a final remark, I think this model itself has some piece of history, and it can become something nice to do on a weekend, or to practice some scratch build skills. Its not the best ever, but its not something to be scared of. If you find it at a nice price, go ahead and give it a try.




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário