Revell 1/144 Boeing 747-400 Lufthansa

So, It went almost 15 years before I got my 747-400... And I bought this:
And I got disappointed... The Boeing 747-400 was one of the most effective large passanger transport airplane. There are still many flying while others were converted to freighters. The upper deck was enlarged, so that it could take more passengers. The more it carried, the lower were the costs. And even if it was based on the sixties 747-200, it had a lot of improvements. Only recently was upgraded again.

About the kit, building it was not troublesome, except for the attachment of the belly part. but it was simple, we could adjust the parts, no bad details, good landing gear... Everything seemed fine! until it was ready...
No matter how I looked, my brain only says: it is a toy.
Why do you say its a toy, brain?! I mean, It is strange... But no matter how I've looked, that was the feeling...The roughly detailless 747SP seemed more real than it...
And I've only realized what was wrong when I made the pics for this blog, and watched all of them... And realized my brain was smarter than me...
The problem is not the shape... Nor the missing glossy coat...
It is a nice kit, I mean, it has recessed panel lines, good details... It is not a completelly detailless fuselage... And that is the problem. The recessed lines are too thick, to recessed. And when you look at the pic above, you can see them, too defined. Too big. And your own brain interprets that as a toy, not a model... If we look at the original, we barelly see where each panel begins and where it ends. If the real one had these recessed lines, it would have twice the drag than it really has. So, that is the true point, and the only big lesson on this model: too much detail, can make a nice realistic model transform itself into a toy... So, if you want it to look realistic, fill in all of those recessed lines in the fuselage... If you do, you'll get a very nice airplane!










Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário